liblas_c "contaminated" with C++ symbols

(please CC me and the debian-gis mailing list on replies)

Hello,

I'm working on updating liblas for Debian -- currently we only have 1.2.1, and
I'm working on getting 1.7.0 into proper shape.

I'm writing to you this mail because I saw that, differently from 1.2.1, now
liblas also provides a "C-version" of the library, called liblas_c. I
wanted to package this one separately from the C++ version, as already
happens for other libraries (example: libgeos).

However, tihs library also contains mangled C++ symbols -- this seems to be an
error, to me. Are you aware of this, or was this intended? Is there any patch I
could use to fix this problem?

Thank you,
David Paleino
on behalf of the Debian GIS Team