Re: [DebianGIS] Current state of Geos and TileCache packages in Squeeze

 On 09/27/2010 03:46 PM, christopher.schmidt@nokia.com wrote:
On Sep 25, 2010, at 2:06 PM, ext Ivan Mincik wrote:

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Hamish<hamish_b@yahoo.com>  wrote:
Ivan wrote:
What can we do in this case ? (Nothing ?).
Paul:
Probably remove the package from squeeze and orphan it.
please only request removal from squeeze if it has fatal RC bugs,
not because you are unhappy with the version number.
Maybe the best idea is to fix the bug I mentioned above and leave this
package in Squeeze. The patch is very trivial and it is fixing
important and often used feature - meta tiling. Is it possible ?
The bug doesn't *exist* in 2.03, which is why Debian still has that
version. 2.10 adds features, but not core functionality, and the
lack of the latest version number is not something I consider a fatal
flaw.

Looking closely to Tilecache SVN, release-2.03 was r293. Your commit message at r391, which is the patch we are talking about, states "add hide_dir_exists problem to fix broken Disk lockin since r258." - So, it should exist
in 2.03 which is in Lenny.

Ivan

--
Ivan Mincik, Gista s.r.o.