Re: [DebianGIS] Current state of Geos and TileCache packages in Squeeze

On Sep 25, 2010, at 2:06 PM, ext Ivan Mincik wrote:

>> Paul:
>>> Probably remove the package from squeeze and orphan it.
>>
>> please only request removal from squeeze if it has fatal RC bugs,
>> not because you are unhappy with the version number.
>
> Maybe the best idea is to fix the bug I mentioned above and leave this
> package in Squeeze. The patch is very trivial and it is fixing
> important and often used feature - meta tiling. Is it possible ?

The bug doesn't *exist* in 2.03, which is why Debian still has that
version. 2.10 adds features, but not core functionality, and the
lack of the latest version number is not something I consider a fatal
flaw.

I don't see a reason to change the version of TileCache in Debian.

(Once there's a new release of TileCache, it makes sense to package
it for Debian, but this is irrelevant to Squeeze.)

-- Chris