Re: [DebianGIS] Releasing debian-gis 0.1 metapackages

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 11:13:09PM -0700, Hamish wrote:
> glad to see this coming along! I've just added a link to
>   http://blends.debian.net/gis/tasks/
> in the metapackages section of the DebiabGis wiki package list for further
> exposure.

:-)

> (also while I was there I split up the long list of already-packaged packages
> -of-interest into smaller bite sized chunks; please fix and expand as needed)

In Debian Med we stopped completely to maintain a package list on the
Wiki.  We completely relay on the tasks pages which also offers the
option of specifying not yet packaged software as so called prospective
packages[1].

An extensive example can be seen at the med-bio task[2].  Just see the
menu on the left with the trafic signal coloring scale of the
"integration into Debian status".  I'd volunteer to provide examples
if needed just into SVN.  Just ping me if something remains unclear.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html#s-packageslist
[2] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio