Re: [DebianGIS] Releasing debian-gis 0.1 metapackages

[Andreas Tille]
> After having realised[1] some suggestions of Johan Van de Wauw[2]
> (Johan, many thanks for this) I'd like to repeat my question from last
> week:  Does anybody see a reason to NOT release a set of
> metapackages with the gis stuff as it is prepared now?

I had a look, and my proposal would be to merge devel and tools into
workstation and limit the tasks to gps, osm, statistics, web and
workstation before uploading.

> The maintenance is currently done in the Blends SVN[3] but I will move
> it back to its original location once there is an explicite request of
> somebody who intents to work on these files and has no commit
> permissions to the Blends SVN (any DD has this permissions).

I am fine with any of these.  Did you BTW merge the changes I
committed to the old version based on the other live CD package
content before I knew about your updated version?  It had some minor
fixes to the live stuff and the package lists.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen