Re: [DebianGIS] Ping: Changes in Debian GIS Blend stuff

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 08:54:41AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I don't really get the link between the projects success and the
> > presence of metapackages and/or a blend (in fact I even didn't know
> > that blends existed),
>
> Well, having metapackages is a technical issue of a Blend.

Other question: Does anybody see a reason to NOT release a set of
metapackages with the gis stuff as it is prepared now?  So if nobody
will insist I might consider just releasing version 0.1 of debian-gis to
have a chance to get it right into Squeeze.

As I said: Every input of GIS experts is helpful but I would even now
consider the existing stuff as helpful for GIS users and thus I do not
see any reason not to proceed.  This might lead to mentioning Debian GIS
in the Squeeze release notes - exactly the place where I want to see
it placed and which might bring new users + developers to the project.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de