Re: [DebianGIS] postgis make template_gis

Hi list,

I know I'm perhaps coming at this from left field, but could this kind of thing
be made optional, or maybe put into a separate package?  I recall this being
implemented with the windows installer in PostGIS, and I found it made the
installation procedure more cumbersome (e.g., it couldn't be installed if you
didn't have the postgres db password on hand and local connections weren't
trusted by default, or maybe you didn't have the PostgreSQL service running at
the time which would also cause it to fail).  However, perhaps my experience
is different than others?

Apart from that, I also wonder about what happens when PostGIS gets upgraded -
even for minor version?  Would there be any measures taken to either update
the template with the appropriate update script, and/or drop and recreate the
template?

These are just questions that I have - I hope you don't mind me bringing them
up here.  Maybe these potential issues are already taken into consideration?

Regards,
Mike