Re: [DebianGIS] grass from .deb, gdal from source?

Tyler,

You can probably build gdal from source using the already installed grass.
Another thing that could be done would be to simply add the patch you want in
the gdal debian source. Then recompile the debian package and install it via
dpkg. I recommend you to build it on a development machine since you have to
install all gdal build dependencies.

http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/index.php?view=use_dpatch (see the section 1)
http://www.ducea.com/2008/03/06/howto-recompile-debian-packages/

Alan