Re: [DebianGIS] qgis: only compile qgis-plugin-grass and qgis-plugin-grass-common

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 04:18:01PM +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using debian/rules or similar, how do I only compile the
> qgis-plugin-grass and qgis-plugin-grass-common packages out of the
> qgis source tree ? I've been confronted with issues concerning a
> newer GRASS version than the one QGIS was originally compiled for
> and would like to avoid having to recompile all of QGIS just for the
> GRASS plugin.

At the time of my last read of the maint script that was not possible,
because all arch-dep binaries are compiled at the same time. The only
possible apprach would be extracting (altering the building cmake scripts I think)
a separate building unit from qgis and creating a separate package which
depends on the core qgis. Definitively the better choice (and something to
seriously considering), but I doubt it is so straightforward.