Re: [DebianGIS] New QGIS and GRASS packages for Debian Lenny, i386 and amd64

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 02:50:31PM -0800, Hamish wrote:

> Is the idea that a non-free package be prepared which asks for the
> location of the downloaded code, and compiles, packages, & installs the
> plugin lib on the local machine?

Potentially one could use the basic package on d-gis to allow building
of a custom package for an ECW plugin after SDK downloading.
Currently there's only a source package for that, all other step must be done
by hand and it could be not so easy to be done. For instance the
GPL-friendly edition of 2006 currently needs some patching to
be compiled. I don't know for the current Erdas package.