Re: [DebianGIS] Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release

Cameron wrote:
> I see from the ticket you have reference below that you have fixed a
> number of issues, and it looks as if you consider all issues fixed (at
> least for the release you were addressing).

well, no, someone else did that work. I mostly just try to be a facilitator
between the different projects and push the various teams to work together
in a single repository (see below). and I have no opinion on the state of
the various issues needing attention; I have not reviewed them closely.

A good first step towards finally breaking the log-jam is to pick a venue:
QGIS's OSGeo SVN or DebianGIS's SVN repo? I am sure it is not a big
problem  for the Debian/Ubuntu package teams to be granted write access
to either/both, as needed.

Independent of that, I would guess that DebianGIS wants to maintain its
own repo for branches, non-ubuntu tweaks, etc. But perhaps the core could
be linked/imported from the QGIS repo with a SVN external link*, and then
minorly patched in the DebianGIS repo, as required?

[*] 'svn:externals':  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html

best,
Hamish