Re: [DebianGIS] [Live-demo] Revitalising UbuntuGIS

I agree with you. I talked to Jachym and i think it's already in his mind to merge his work with UbuntuGIS. I don't know about the Qgis maintainer but i hope he will agree too.

I'm wondering if we could do something that will regroup all Debian-GIS and UbuntuGIS maintainers. I mean ... to not duplicate efforts. Like Cameron said: Debian packages and Ubuntu packages are very similar. I know that there are some minor "updates" to do to migrate a ubuntu package to a debian package (and vice-versa) but i think that we could do something good. What do you think?

Alan

Luca Casagrande wrote:
Yep you are right Cameron, all the project you listed will have a
great benefit from a unique
UbuntuGIS repository.
Jachym is doing a really great work with his repository ( GRASS, Gdal,
Mapserver, ecc..) and jef-norbit ( sorry don't know who he is) for
Qgis.
So I wonder, what do you think if we start by merging this 2 projects
on UbuntuGIS inside Launchpad?

Bye
Luca