[DebianGIS] gdal compile problem in ubuntu intrepid

Hi all,
   As bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdal/+bug/271670
stated, the gdal lib in ubuntu intrepid will cause grass segmentation
fault, so I want to recompile gdal myselft, but encounter problems.
   my operation:
   apt-get source libgdal1-1.5.0
   cd gdal-1.5.2
   sudo apt-get build-dep libgdal1-1.5.0
   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
   then get error:
usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function
`_start':
(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'

  so this is a ruby binding's problem, try to disable it in
debian/rules, and then recompile by dpkg-buildpackage, get another
error:
   /usr/bin/python2.5 setup.py install
numpy include /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include
running install
error: can't create or remove files in install directory

  but if I run make command, there is no errors.

  so how to solve this problem?

  regards,
LiangXu Wang