Re: [DebianGIS] Live DVD BOF

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 04:23:14AM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Roald de Wit suggested looking at Launchpad [1] which would take the
> sting out of setting it up for us, at least as far as the live dvd
> packaging goes.  We would still need to work out our work flow for
> getting them from there into sid, but I suspect with having bunty source
> packages it would become easier than it is now.

Tim

I suspect that using an OSGeo-based infrastructure would be more valuable.
As said, some data/programs could be not distributable on the basis
of current criteria of Debian/Ubuntu, while OSGeo could find its way
by means of special agreements etc.
That said, I'm not specifically happy of using non-free infrastructures like
launchpad or SF.