Re: [DebianGIS] Live DVD BOF - revisited

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:53:47AM +1000, Mark Leslie wrote:
> One issue we neglected to discuss is the need for an SVN repository.  I
> can put in a request for an OSGeo SVN to be created, but figured I
> should put it past all those involved before acting unilaterally.
>
> Essentially, this will store the metadata created for the packages, as
> well as the install, configure and remove scripts.  The binaries would
> live in the package repo rather than SVN.
>
> Any thoughts, objections, or better plans?

That is also justified by the will of storing also quite a good deal of data too.
That for note... For what it is concerning debian-gis I think the liveDVD stuff
will be a superset of current d-gis repo, with stuff which are non-DFSG compliant
eventually, but can be distributed as well. This is another reason for splitting.