[DebianGIS] Live DVD BOF - revisited

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:45:03PM +1000, Mark Leslie wrote:
>
>> Reminder to all that there's a Live DVD BOF session scheduled for the
>> conference tonight.  If you can't make it to Cape Town in time, stop by
>> the #osgeo channel.
>>
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=1&year=2008&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=56
>>

> Some ideas discussed on the #osgeo chan and the BoF are collected here:

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Packages

One issue we neglected to discuss is the need for an SVN repository.  I
can put in a request for an OSGeo SVN to be created, but figured I
should put it past all those involved before acting unilaterally.

Essentially, this will store the metadata created for the packages, as
well as the install, configure and remove scripts.  The binaries would
live in the package repo rather than SVN.

Any thoughts, objections, or better plans?

--
Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com