Re: [DebianGIS] josm in Debian - web API stability?

Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> Please excuse an ignorant question from an observer.
>
> Wouldn't Debian-volatile allow for future changes to josm during the
> life of Lenny?

Hi, I think this was already answered so sorry if it's a repeat.

Debian-volatile is for non-security things that change with time (like
timezone data when a country decides to change their daylight savings
on/off dates), or packages which have to rely on a volatile 3rd party
outside their control (like fetchyahoo or youtube-dl packages which break
each time the Yahoo Mail or YouTube websites change too much).

For packages which simply go out of date quickly there is
Debian-backports (www.backports.org). It works nicely and is integrated
into the Debian packaging system, e.g. have a look at:
  http://packages.debian.org/gdal

Hamish