Re: [DebianGIS] Latest round of packages into testing

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:56:11PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> I already submitted new proj and gdal to bpo, other will follow.
> The only package which require major efforts is mapserver (php4 support
> need to be re-introduced for etch)
>
> > Are there any instructions for volunteers? I'm keen to see a QGIS
> > package for Etch which is compatible with backport.org's GDAL+proj.

Still waiting for gdal 1.4.4 approving in the bpo NEW queue.
Maybe people could be interested in a how-to doc about building the various packages
in a clean etch+bpo environment? But for that, the main package missing
is a recent mapserver complete with php4 support (for backcompatibilities).
The php4 support is not strictly due but it could be useful to avoid
premature breakages in stable.