Re: [DebianGIS] OpenLayers 2.5 Debian Packaging

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 06:34:37AM +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2007 1:04 AM, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt@metacarta.com> wrote:

> > OpenLayers.
> >
> > There's an outstanding ITP:
> >
> > It was opened in June, and has no further work. The author has not yet
> > responded to emails asking about his/her continued intentions.
>
> I reviewed her packages at debconf in June. Here are a couple of relevant links:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Provenance_Review

I wrote that page. ;)

> http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~mariwan/debian/

It looks like this goes about halfway, and follows a similar pattern to
what I did for the bits it does. I just added a lot more fluff around
it, especially the actual linking of it into Apache.

One thing I've noticed, actually reading the Apache license for the
first time recently, is that upstream isn't actually meeting the
requirements, nor are they being met in either of our packages,
specifically:

      (b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices
          stating that You changed the files; and

I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta