Re: [DebianGIS] TileCache 2.0 debian packaging

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 01:13:33PM +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> TileCache/Caches/S3.py is copyright by Amazon and has a different
> licence, you should mention that separately in debian/copyright and
> maybe in the upstream docs too
>
> I also think that you should instead depend on python-boto and use the
> S3 support from that maybe. If you don't want to do that and the S3.py
> code is also in python-boto, please make sure you notify the security
> team about the code duplication.

Okay, changed this:

 1. Added TileCache/Caches/S3.py mention to docs/LICENSE.txt in
    upstream.
 2. Improved Caches/AWSS3.py to support defaulting to boto, and
    falling back to the S3 module
 3. Removed the S3.py from the debian package, replacing it with a
    Recommends of python-boto.

So, this particular problem should no longer be an issue from the debian
standpoint.

Also added more docs on caches, and their dependancies.

So, I think this issue is now handled for Debian.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta