Re: [DebianGIS] pgRouting on DebianGIS?

Daniel Kastl ha scritto:

> Sorry for not keeping you update. I hoped someone at Orkney could take
> some time to work on Debian packages, but those who might know how to do
> are too busy at the moment.
>
> Well, the news are:
> - There is a 1.0 release available and not many complains in the forum
> - This release uses cmake installer (it is easy to install on Ubuntu)
> - It is split into pgRouting "core" + optional algorithms "Travelling
> Salesperson" and "Driving Distance"
>
> I think it's easier to start with the core shortest path functions,
> because they only use libraries, that are already part of Debian.
>
> If I can help, please let me know.
> (Unfortunately I don't know how to make Debian packages)

Hi Daniel.
At this point, I think the best option is to coordinate your work with
the DebianGIS initiative (cc:), the *right place* to start serious things.
Frankie, Kobold, anything to say? Packaging it would be a great improvement.
All the best.
pc

--
Paolo Cavallini, see: http://www.faunalia.it/pc