Re: [DebianGIS] JOSM package for Debian Testing (Lenny)

[Niccolo Rigacci]
> What free java are you referring to?

I believe the ones in unstable at the momemt is gjc and the eclipse
compiler.

> SUN Java should have changed the license and become free, but I
> still see sun-java6-jre and sun-java5-jre non-free in Unstable.

There are still some parts missing in the free version, because SUN
was unable to get all of it relicenced.  The Icetea project is working
on replacing these with pieces from Classpath, and I hope the result
will be workable soon.  But until that happen, the free SUN Java is
foilware and thus not in unstable. :)

> Anyone knows a pointer of Java freeing license and Debian
> roadmap?

Check <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Java> and the debian-java mailing
list.

Happy hacking,