Re: [DebianGIS] Live CD without GPSD?

[Chris Lehnberger]
> the new live CD from Debian GIS
> (ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/pub/debian-gis/live/) without OSM doesn't
> include the gps deamon and many more packages. Perhaps the the
> source.list hasn't the right entry for the gis deb packages.

Thank you for reporting the issue, and thus confirming that the live
CD is really used.   :)

I suspect the reason for this problem is that it was built from
Debian/Lenny at a time when gpsd was missing in Lenny.

According to <URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gpsd.html>, gpsd was
removed from Lenny 2007-07-31.  The problem was an RC bug.

I hope gpsd will enter Lenny again soon.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen