Re: [DebianGIS] Live CD without GPSD?

Hi,

On Oct 25, Chris Lehnberger wrote:
> the new live CD from Debian GIS (ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/pub/debian-gis/live/)
> without OSM doesn't include the gps deamon and many more packages. Perhaps
> the the source.list hasn't the right entry for the gis deb packages.

The reason for this is that the live-cd was build directly vom debian/lenny
which currently does not include gpsd and some other packages that
got not installed.
I realize now that it is a bad idea to build the cd from lenny instead
of starting with etch and upgrading afterwards. But unfortunately
live-helper does not work with etch installs anymore. Anyway, i try to
workaround this so that packages from etch will be available even if
they are not part of lenny at the moment.

> Here the log extract from the dvd with osm:
>
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "josm"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "mapnik-viewer"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "osm-tools"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "osmarendrer"
> Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "renderathome"

These packages are not yet part of debian but will be installed as soon
as they enter the archive.

> PS: When I follow the instructions for building a custom Live Cd, the cd is
> builded but startable. The livekernel is not found.

Which live-helper version did you use? live-helper 1.0~a31-1 and
1.0~a22-1~bpo.1 from the backports archive should work.

Cheers,
Andreas