Re: [DebianGIS] [ gpsdrive ] gpsfetchmap

Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> This restriction was introduced to reduce the chance of getting in trouble
> with any of the map providers. But in then long term we hopefully won't need
> to support any restricted map-provider with gpsfetchmap any more.

That will surely fail the Debian Free Software Guidelines test. (cc'ing
DebianGIS for a more authoritative answer) I would guess the "you may not
remove the polite feature" license term in practice wouldn't help any with
regard to upsetting map server owners with bulk downloads; they are already mad
by the time they see that, if they see that. It would be better to just ensure
that the default is set to polite mode, maybe even hardcode it to require the
user to do an obvious minor edit in the script to disable it.

Hamish