Re: [DebianGIS] cfitsio3 goes GPL in Debian, so what about GDAL?

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 10:00:43PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> Proposed package names: "grass-data-spearfish" is easy; the
> grass-data-nc [county name?] would probably need to be split into
> several packages as, e.g., the satellite imagery may be large.

We are working on this and will split the final data set up.
However, satellite imagery are not very large since I cut
out (parts of) Wake county only, reducing 3 scenes of
Landsat (1987, 2000, 2002) to 6MB or so.

My plan to include MODIS Land Surface Temperature time series
will probably fail since NC is too cloudy. For this I processed
already 36GB - we'll see :)

More soon,
Markus

PS: http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/grasslocations/nc_spm_05_contents.html

ITC -> dall'1 marzo 2007 Fondazione Bruno Kessler
ITC -> since 1 March 2007 Fondazione Bruno Kessler