[DebianGIS] Where is the postgis in etch documentation?

I sent this message via gmane yesterday, but it did not show up on the
list yet.  I try again directly to the list address.

I tried to set up a postgis database in Debian/etch the other day, and
ran into a few problems with lack of documentation.  Is there an howto
somewhere?  I had a look in the files included in the packages, like
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.1-postgis/README.Debian,
/usr/share/doc/postgis/README.postgis.gz and
/usr/share/doc/postgis/postgis.html, but no-one had specific
instructions for etch.  The HTML file was closest.

At the end, I made the following notes on how to get it working.
Should something like this be added to
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.1-postgis/README.Debian?

How to create a postgis database in Debian/etch

Short intro on how to set up a postgis database in Debian/etch.  All
the packages are there, but the wrapper script handling it all is
missing.  These are the steps I took to get it working.

As root:

  # Install the needed packages
  aptitude install postgresql-8.1-postgis postgis

  # Become a postgresql superuser (needed to load the postgis features?)
  su - postgres

  # Create the user and her database
  createuser <username>
  createdb <username>

  # Need to enable plpgsql for the database beforeloading the functions
  createlang plpgsql -d <databasename>

  # Finally, load the functions and reference system tables
  psql <databasename> -f /usr/share/postgresql-8.1-postgis/lwpostgis.sql
  psql <databasename> -f /usr/share/postgresql-8.1-postgis/spatial_ref_sys.sql