Re: [DebianGIS] Re: Mapserver?

* On 11-Oct-2006 at  4:13AM PDT, Fabio Tranchitella said:

> I have missed something.. when exactly did we start talking about new
> upstream releases as vaporware? Please, could somebody other than me
> test the new releases before I upload them to unstable?
>
> http://people.debian.org/~kobold/mapserver/

Christopher Schmidt and I installed the packages on his Debian
unstable machine and they work just fine, as far as we can tell. We
have not had the time to test the new features of MapServer, though.
If someone has a compact test case, that would be handy.

In any event, if we trust the upstream developers to have done their
work correctly, I think I would tentatively approve them for upload
right away. Fabio, am I right in assuming that only minimal changes
were made to the debian/ directories for these packages to get them
built?

SDE