Re: [DebianGIS] Re: Mapserver?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:04:03AM +0200, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:

> > I think the priority is to get new packages ready in Alioth SVN and
> > available for download in the pkg-grass repository, and when the
> > packages are ready and tested we can start to talk about moving them to
> > the main servers. No point debating about pushing vaporware into Etch!
>
> I have missed something.. when exactly did we start talking about new
> upstream releases as vaporware? Please, could somebody other than me
> test the new releases before I upload them to unstable?

Those programs are quite complicated and have a little user base.
One or two weeks of tests do not ensure they have no major issues.
For the same reasons upstream 'releases' should be considered
with a grain of salt. That's the reason to avoid hurry in uploading
while we are near freezing in regular uploads.