Re: [DebianGIS] [DRAFT] Bits from the DebianGis sub-project

Hi all.
I speak for myself, and I may be wrong, but to me the highest priority is to
have the "big five": grass, qgis, gdal, postgis, and mapserver in testing
within the shortest possible delay; more than a month is certainly not very
attractive for a professional user, and forces him to compile by hand, thus
making the d-gis project less useful. Also good would be to have (perhaps in
the parallel d-gis repo) some fresh, unstable version (grass-6.1, qgis-07.9,
etc.), updated every month or so.
Backporting is less attractive to us, especially because installing a sarge is
often difficult or impossible with newest hardware (SATA disks, etc.).
All the best, and thanks to the developers for their work.
pc

At 09:57, sabato 04 marzo 2006, Francesco Paolo Lovergine has probably
written:
> [ For submission to d-d-a, please contribute ]
>
> Hi Debian fellows
>
> after almost one year and half of work on the DebianGis activities [1],
> it's time to look at what we achieved since the start, and what we need to
> do in the next future as a project.
Paolo Cavallini
email+jabber: cavallini@faunalia.it
www.faunalia.it