Re: [DebianGIS] Re: (Bad) news about postgis

* Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com) wrote:
> [Paolo Cavallini]
> > TOO bad. More generally, I think the state of GIS in Debian is
> > relatively worst now than one year ago. I would be interested in
> > helping improving it.  Any suggestion?
>
> Yes, get qgis, thuban and the rest of the gdal clients working in
> unstable.  Having working clients will improve the situation a lot.
> Getting postgis into unstable seem to be a larger project, so I
> suggest focusing on the low-hanging fruits first.

Getting PostGIS into unstable isn't really a large project...  Getting
it in with versions for 7.4, 8.0 and 8.1 isn't going to happen though
and so we really need to focus on what makes sense for PostGIS in terms
of packaging and modules for Debian.

	Thanks,

		Stephen