Re: [DebianGIS] problem with gdalinfo

Le jeudi 24 novembre 2005 à 10:11 -0500, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> On 11/24/05, Didrik Pinte <dpinte@itae.be> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with the command gdalinfo on Debian.
> > did@geru-itea:~/Documents/ucl/alert/data/pevt$ gdalinfo hdr.adf
> > ERROR 4: `hdr.adf' not recognised as a supported file format.
> >
> > GDALOpen failed - 4
> > `hdr.adf' not recognised as a supported file format.
>
> Didrik,
>
> Is there any chance there was DOS/Unix text conversion
> applied when you transferred the files to Linux?  Are you
> sure you have all the component files?  Any chance the
> filenames are in upper case instead of lower case?

Hi Frank,

I've checked everything carrefully :

[1] I've tested the data set after a "dos2unix -a *" on the original
data,. It gives the same error.

Then i've tried the same on the other sens "dos2unix -ua *" on the
original data giving the following :

did@geru-itea:~/Documents/ucl/alert/data/pevt$ gdalinfo hdr.adf
Abandon

So, it seems that the files are correctly formatted in the original
dataset.

[2] I'm sure that all the components files are there (same on the
windows box):

did@geru-itea:~/Documents/ucl/alert/data/pevt$ ls
hdr.adf  log  metadata.xml  prj.adf  w001001.adf  w001001x.adf

[3] The files are on lower case on the windows box but i've tried to
change all the file names to uppercas for test purpose without success.

> You might want to try "gdalinfo --format aig" to verify
> that the AIG driver is built in, though it should be there
> in all builds by default.

did@geru-itea:~/Documents/ucl/alert/data/pevt$ gdalinfo --format aig
Format Details:
  Short Name: AIG
  Long Name: Arc/Info Binary Grid
  Help Topic: frmt_various.html#AIG

So completely desesperated ;-), i've posted my files on my web server :
http://dpinte.be/pevt.tar.gz

If you can have a look, i will be very interested on the test.

Didrik