Re: [DebianGIS] problem with gdalinfo

On 11/24/05, Didrik Pinte <dpinte@itae.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the command gdalinfo on Debian.
> did@geru-itea:~/Documents/ucl/alert/data/pevt$ gdalinfo hdr.adf
> ERROR 4: `hdr.adf' not recognised as a supported file format.
>
> GDALOpen failed - 4
> `hdr.adf' not recognised as a supported file format.

Didrik,

Is there any chance there was DOS/Unix text conversion
applied when you transferred the files to Linux?  Are you
sure you have all the component files?  Any chance the
filenames are in upper case instead of lower case?

You might want to try "gdalinfo --format aig" to verify
that the AIG driver is built in, though it should be there
in all builds by default.

If all this fails, please make the dataset available (tarred
on your linux system) and I will see what I can figure out.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com