Re: [DebianGIS] gdal and unixodbc

On 10/6/05, Steve Halasz <debian@adkgis.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unixodbc is holding up gdal building again. I looked at the gdal package
> and it appears it is not even building with odbc support. I'd like to
> upload a gdal-1.2.6 that doesn't depend on unixodbc and unixodbc-dev in
> the control file. Have we agreed on how gdal will be maintained? Will it
> be team maintained by DebianGIS?
>
> I would like to avoid uploading gdal 1.3 until gdal, qgis, grass etc.
> have migrated to testing. It looks like 1.3 causes some problems with
> qgis and I'd like to get everything transitioned before breaking things
> all over again.

Steve,

For what its worth, I would appreciate upstream bug reports on these
issues if possible.  I don't know why there should be ODBC related
issues if you are configuring --without-odbc.  Likewise, I am
interested in what this QGIS incompatability is about.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com