[DebianGIS] gdal and unixodbc

Hi,

unixodbc is holding up gdal building again. I looked at the gdal package
and it appears it is not even building with odbc support. I'd like to
upload a gdal-1.2.6 that doesn't depend on unixodbc and unixodbc-dev in
the control file. Have we agreed on how gdal will be maintained? Will it
be team maintained by DebianGIS?

I would like to avoid uploading gdal 1.3 until gdal, qgis, grass etc.
have migrated to testing. It looks like 1.3 causes some problems with
qgis and I'd like to get everything transitioned before breaking things
all over again.

Thanks,
Steve