[DebianGIS] Time Stamp with Xplanet

Hi there,

I am quite aware that this might be a bit off-topic here, but as it is
about maps, anyway, and Petter is on this list, too, I dare raise my
question here ;)

Debian-Edu, a sister project of Debian-Gis, keeps track of its schools by
means of a php/mysql database. All coordinates are drawn in a map from
time to time by means of Xplanet. The results can be seen at

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/user_experience/test_schools/test_schools_map

(the rotating java globe is yet another thing)

Now, sometimes I am not sure, if recently added schools (say from Greece)
just mis-placed their coordinates - or if the map is just outdated. Here,
I reckon, a time stamp in some corner could be helpfull.

I am quite sure, that this is possible. My questions are:
- what is the best way to creat such stamp?
- what is your opinion from the perspective of a cartographer?

Thank you very much,
regards
Ralf.