[DebianGIS] Re: debian upgrade

[Steve Halasz]
> Don't we need to wait until gdal is built on all architectures?

I do not believe so.  For the archs were it is missing, it will fail,
and the autobuild maintainers will put it on hold waiting for gdal.
As soon as gdal is built on the arch in question, the package will be
sheduled for building and rebuilt on the arch.

In the mean time, it will be available in unstable for the archs where
the build was successful.

In short, I see no reason to wait.

It is a long time since I gave up trying to second-quess the
autobuilders.  Especially since the build might succeed on a given
arch, and then we wait for three weeks while the buildd admin for the
given machine is on holiday and not signing the build logs, and thus
have no way to actually get the binaries into the archive.