Re: [Pkg-grass-general] USB-GPS device?

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 18:52 +0200, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> by accidend, I found this really inexpensive GPS-device to be
> connected via USB (approx. 75 Euro): "Navilock USB GPS"
>
> http://www.kabelmeister.de/index.php?show=artikel&action=info&artikelID=2096
>
> Is there any experiences with Debian?

Have a look at <http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/gpsd>. I don't
know about that particular model, but the Sirf Star II chip is generally
very well supported.

Make sure you use a recent version of gpsd from unstable, since it is
under active development and quite a bit changed in the last couple of
month. If you experience any difficulties with that receiver, mail the
developers at <gpsd-users@lists.berlios.de>, they might be able to help
you out. If it works out fine, mail them anyway, and your model can be
added to the list of supported hardware on <http://gpsd.berlios.de/>.

Cheers, Til