Re: [Pkg-grass-general] libgdal-grass version

> I'm about to send libgdal-grass off to my sponsor for an upload to
> unstable. But I'm planning to package it as 1.2.3-0 instead of
> 1.2.5-0. The upstream tarball is versioned 1.2.3. I assume that 1.2.5
> was chosen to mirror the gdal version and avoid confusion about
> whether libgdal-grass-1.2.3 could be used with gdal-1.2.5. But now
> gdal is at 1.2.6. So going backwards might play a little havoc down
> the road with debian-gis users versioning, but I think it's best. Any
> objections?

I don't think so.

The GRASS plugin code comes with the GDAL source tarball, in frmts/grass/.

The "upstream tarball" I see in
 http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/debian-gis/pool/libg/libgdal-grass/
is libgdal-grass_1.2.5.orig.tar.gz, which contains the C++ code from the
main GDAL frmts/grass/ directory, plus some added ./configure files.

"v1.2.3" comes from the fact that the grass driver didn't change between
2004/09/24 and the release of 1.2.6. It has changed in CVS since then.

libgdal-grass should generate itself from the GDAL.orig tarball, not its
own one.
?

Anyway, I may be wrong but please wait for Frank to comment before
uploading anything...

thanks,
Hamish