Re: [Pkg-grass-general] update

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 05:59:11PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > - grass: should be updated to 6.0.1 (bugfixes)
>
> GRASS 6.0.1 has not been released yet.

So we should do that!

> The v.in.garmin bugfix could be backported to Debian's 6.0.0 easily
> enough. It is non-functional in 6.0.0 but doesn't hurt the rest of the
> package.
>
> I'm not sure if the dbf memory leak (import of >500k points from ascii)
> fix was ever put into 6.0.1 or still in testing mode. I wouldn't
> classify that release critical at all.

It was fixed:

cd db/
        * drivers/dbf/dbfexe.c: free statement

> I'm not sure of other critical bugfixes.

There are a couple of critical fixes for vector category IDs etc.

See:
 http://grass.itc.it/grass60/source/snapshot/ChangeLog.gz
 changes after
	* include/VERSION: 6.0.0

Probably:

	* vector/v.overlay/main.c: fix for empty map
	* lib/vector/Vlib/map.c: use original key also for index
	* lib/vector/Vlib/map.c: use original key
	* vector/v.to.rast/main.c: User error checks added
	* vector/v.distance/main.c: init counts, sent by Jachym Cepicky
	* vector/v.in.dwg/entity.c: double quoute layer name
	* lib/vector/Vlib/intersect.c: segment and line intersection fix
	* lib/proj/: s57attributes.csv, s57expectedinput.csv,
	s57objectclasses.csv, Makefile, datum.csv, ellipsoid.csv, gcs.csv,
	gdal_datum.csv, pcs.csv, projop_wparm.csv, s57attributes.csv,
	s57expectedinput.csv, s57objectclasses.csv, unit_of_measure.csv:
	updated to GDAL 1.2.6 to fix ETRS89 datum problems
	* raster/r.proj/: bilinear.c, bordwalk.c, cubic.c, main.c,
	nearest.c: Morten Hulden: - asymmetric integer truncation error
	    [bug #3100] - adds a missing offset to the initial x-coodinate
	for	    each row in the  main projection loop. this offset
	causes the	   projection of the _center_  of the cell instead
	of the border. this	    was always the intention but  earlier
	it was only made correctly	   for the first row of the
	location.
	* raster/r.random/random.c: cat bug
	* lib/gis/make_loc.c: meter -> meters
	* vector/v.in.dwg/main.c: avoid segfault
	* vector/v.select/main.c: 3d fix
	* vector/v.db.connect/main.c: field info fix
	* db/drivers/ogr/describe.c: c can be NULL

> Critical fixes should be the
> only ones in 6.0.1, so running tools/cvs2cl.pl on the release branch of
> GRASS CVS to make a changelog (or sifting through the cvs-commit mailing
> list) should give an indication of anything important.

Yes:

 cvs2cl.pl -F releasebranch_6_0

> A lot in 6.0.1-cvs will be doc cosmetics which I'm not too worried about
> getting into Sarge. They're online.

There are other fixes as well, see above.

Markus