[Pkg-grass-general] state of DebianGIS
Especially for newcomers, I believe it is useful to have an outline of the
current status of the project; I list the most relevant issues, ass I see
them, in order of priority of action, from high to low.
* libgdal1-grass: does not work; when it will, it should be included in
* qgis: no package in testing (0.6.0-2 in unstable, waiting for glibc);
0.6.0-1 crashes when loading shapefiles (if using gdal-bin 1.2.6, not with
* qgis-plugin-grass: not in testing  (what prevents it from this?);
wouldn't it be better to include it in qgis package? (other distros do so
* mapserver: lack of php support 
* grass: package in good shape; a few bugfixes upstream might suggest
upgrading the package at some later stage
* libpostgis1-pg74: package apparently in good shape; looking forward to have
it in testing (what prevents it from this?)
* gdal-bin and libgdal1: apparently all well here.
If you wish to use grass from within qgis (way cool!), you should *not*
upgrade from gdal-bin 1.2.5 to 1.2.6, and download libgdal1-grass and
qgis-plugin-grass from debianGIS.
All the best.
firstname.lastname@example.org www.faunalia.it www.faunalia.com
Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy Tel: (+39)348-3801953