Re: [Pkg-grass-general] qgis

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 11:10 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I noticed qgis is not in testing, and the new one (0.6.0-2) is waiting for
> glibc (in freeze). Are there chances that the issue will be solved soon?

A serious bug was filed against qgis and gdal requiring that they depend
on a more recent version of xerces. There was a bug in qgis that caused
a crash adding shapefiles with gdal 1.2.6. So when gdal 1.2.6 went into
testing, qgis had to be removed. A new version of glibc is being built
which will be installed into testing by hand. After that happens and
qgis gets built on arm it will be able to go back into testing.

Steve