[Pkg-grass-general] Re: choosing new maintainer for Mapserver Package

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> The package is now uploaded into NEW, and also available from
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian/>.  This should
> make sure the package get a place in the queue.  We should continue
> to improve the package and upload the new versions into the NEW
> queue as well.

The mapserver package made it into the archive a few days ago,
<URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mapserver.html>.

It even got a few users already, according to

If now only postgis would make it, all the important GIS packages
listed on
<URL:http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PackageList>. :)