Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Upload of Jump to Debian-GIS repository

Hi Silke,

Silke Reimer wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 06:48:00PM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:

[...]

Please test the packages !

Yes, I will do this within the next days (don't have time this
evening). Many thanks for this package!

Could you give any extimate whether it will be possible to use jump
with a free jdk in the near future? What exactly is missing in the
free java implementations to run jump with them?

There is much progress in this area - but I can't make a tip there.

Jump currently (almost) compiles against current gnu classpath. But
there are some unimplemented methods which prevent running Jump.

I will keep an eye on this topic - but it won't be possible for sarge.

There are efforts to make a Cairo based Graphics2D implementation. Well
some stuff is already there but disabled by default. The problem
currently seems to be that Cairo itself is a fast moving target at
the moment with much changes in the API.

On the otherside - programs build on SWT (the eclipse gui framework)
are almost no problem anymore. Just yesterday I had eclipse 3.0.1
running on sablevm with only minor usability problems.

Wolfgang