Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Upload of Jump to Debian-GIS repository

Hi Wolfgang,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 06:48:00PM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just uploaded the first version of jump together will all the
> dependencies not yet in debian to the repository.
>
> These are libjama-java, libjts-java (libraries), bsh2 (for scripting
> in jump), jump itself and jump-postgis-plugin.
>
> Jump currently needs a non-free vm to run. The easiest way to install
> a non-free jdk is to go to www.java.sun.com and download the needed
> binary for your platform. Afterwards install java-package to build a
> deb from the downloaded .bin file.
>
> Install with:
> apt-get install jump jump-postgis-plugin
>
> Please test the packages !

Yes, I will do this within the next days (don't have time this
evening). Many thanks for this package!

Could you give any extimate whether it will be possible to use jump
with a free jdk in the near future? What exactly is missing in the
free java implementations to run jump with them?

Greetings,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/