[Pkg-grass-general] Re: choosing new maintainer for Mapserver Package

[Schuyler Erle]
> If no one else has time, I am already maintaining MapServer packages
> for Fedora Core. I would be willing to learn how to build Debian
> packages as well.

No-one else seem to have the time.  I've added you as an uploader for
the package in CVS, and I guess we will co-maintain the package for a
while.

I've spent the day cleaning up the package, to make it ready for an
initial upload into debian.  I removed php support to avoid having to
depend on php packages currently not in Debian.

The package is now uploaded into NEW, and also available from
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian/>.  This should make
sure the package get a place in the queue.  We should continue to
improve the package and upload the new versions into the NEW queue as
well.