Re: [Pkg-grass-general] repository trouble

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:13:47PM +0100, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> I have a different problem, when I type:
>
> apt-get install -t unstable grass
>
> it installs the grass 5.0.3-5.1 package which is in the debian archives, not
> the 6.0beta1 which is on the dgis site. How can I tell apt-get that I want the
> latter ?

You could use a suitable pinning to select debian-gis repo with higher
repository or use an explicit versioning such as:

apt-get install grass=5.7.0+6.0.0beta1-0.dgis.unstable.1

For pinning, add a /etc/apt/preferences file containing:

Package: *
Pin: release o=DebianGIS
Pin-Priority: 990

then, apt-get install will prefer debian-gis repo versions automagically.

BTW, I'll add this hint into the wiki for newbies. See apt_prefences(5)
for more information.