Re: [Pkg-grass-general] grass: only one man page

> > Man pages are mandatory in any debian package. They must be present
> > in the package or generated in postinst script at least.

I think this requirement is just for the "grass57" script.
e.g. do all octave commands have to have a man page? I don't think so..

anyway man pages are nice, when you finish building 5.7 it tells you which
few modules are missing man pages, the needed raster/r.module/description.html
files e.g. are probably already in GRASS CVS, just download & patch in place.

Use 'g.module --html-description' to generate to header info if you need to,
but I think you just need to insert the description.html file into the module's
source directory & the rest is automatic.

> > The weird thing is that on the basis of a previous thread, they
> > should already be present in source form within the package.

$ head /usr/local/src/grass57-cvs/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/man/man1/v.net.iso.1
.TH v.net.iso 1 "" "GRASS " "Grass User's Manual"
.SH NAME
\fI\fBv.net.iso\fR\fR  - Split net to bands between cost isolines (direction from centre). Centre node must be opened (costs >= 0). Costs of centre node are used in calculation
.SH SYNOPSIS
\fBv.net.iso\fR
.br

\fBv.net.iso help\fR
.br

.... But I think this is working since not long ago; after 5.7.0.

> > Maybe the package is missing some important dependency which does not
> > allow a proper generation from the html doc.

just time.

Hamish