Re: [Pkg-grass-general] [Fwd: Re: compilers that self compile]

Schuyler Erle wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but perhaps GDAL can be built on
libgrass5, instead of directly on GRASS?

Folks,

I'm a bit surprised this is such a big deal.  GDAL does support dynamically
loaded raster drivers.  So we could have a tiny package which is just
the GDAL GRASS driver using the grass libraries.  It just needs to be
installed in /usr/lib.  If you want to pursue this approach I will need
to make a few changes to the Makefiles.  Let me know.

Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@pobox.com