[Pkg-grass-general] I love this

Debian and GIS.  It's like chocolate and peanut-butter...and maybe some beer
and super-models...who like me...but I digress.

I'd like to throw out there that ossim should definitely make the list.

Also, how does one handle situations like the one that exists with php and
mapserver.  Mapserver requires php be compiled to use the system regex.  I
assume this breaks things with some php setups out there (although, for all I
know, it may not impact end-users at all).  Do you have to maintain second
versions of php (and any other software with similar situations)?  Dropping
php-mapscript would be an option, but a bad one, in my opinion.

What do people that know do in situations like this? If this is documented
somewhere, a url would be good enough.  I don't mind R'ing FM's...I'm just
not sure how to search for or properly describe this sort of situation.

Regards,

--Fred

Fred R. McDavid, III
  540-248-0838
    frm@bitdaddy.com
      BitDaddy Systems, Inc
       * Complex System Design, Management, and Hosting